Tax & Accounting Specialist
- Enrich your career and be a part of a trailblazing company that makes changing the world fun
- Responsible for all aspects of the financial, statutory and internal reporting processes, financial systems, internal controls and business support within Plastic Bank Indonesia
- Based in Bali, Indonesia
This is an exciting time to join Plastic Bank and make your mark in changing the world’s relationship with plastic. We build ethical recycling ecosystems in coastal communities and reprocess the materials for reintroduction into the global manufacturing supply chain. We are currently collecting in Haiti, Philippines, Indonesia, Brazil and just started in Egypt.
Up to date, our collectors have recovered more than 13 million kilograms of Ocean Bound Plastic. Collected material is reborn as Social Plastic® which is reintegrated into products and packaging. This creates a closed-loop supply chain while helping those who collect it.
We offer passionate professionals the opportunity to enrich your career and be a part of a trailblazing company that makes changing the world fun. It is a unique opportunity to have a truly global impact in environmental and socio-economic regeneration, all on the backbone of a utility blockchain.
By joining our team, you will play an important role in the development and continuous improvement of the operations, standards, systems, and processes that will underpin our future growth.
Reporting to the Country Manager, the Tax & Accounting Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the financial, statutory and internal reporting processes, financial systems, internal controls and business support within Plastic Bank Indonesia. This role will collaborate significantly with international and cross-functional teams.
We are looking for a qualified candidate who is excited to engage in bringing our financial processes in-house. There will be obstacles to overcome and lots of opportunities to create new financial processes for Plastic Bank, so you should be open to new experiences and growth.
- Participate in building scalable accounting processes to support both in-country and global growth;
- Plan and perform monthly and quarterly close activities, including balance sheet reconciliations, variance analyses and analytical reviews, producing internal management reporting and external audit support;
- Support internal financial systems process improvements and automation and to advise on accounting implications;
- Research and prepare technical accounting analyses for new accounting pronouncements and/or business initiatives;
- Design, implement and execute efficient accounting policies and internal control procedures;
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements;
- Perform accounts payable, payments and monthly payroll as well as account reconciliation (including bank reconciliations); and
- Preparation of tax returns and other regulatory reports and returns.
- Degree in in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of working experience in similar role, preferably for a foreign investment company (PMA)
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems and software, specifically exposure with Excel and Quickbooks online
- Experience with internal controls (design, implementation and execution)
- Solution-oriented mindset with enthusiasm for establishing best practices with ability to function in fluid and ambiguous situations
- Strong work ethic and high level of personal and professional integrity
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills (effective use of the English language is a must)
Please send your CV to [email protected] quoting Job ITAS2020. Please note that we will only be reaching out to candidates moving forward to the interview stage, thank you for your understanding.