Sales Development Representative
Plastic Bank is looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our team in Vancouver. The SDR is the first point of contact between PlasticBank and potential new clients and oversees the beginning of our sales cycle. You will be the voice of the company, introducing Plastic Bank and explaining the basics of how our partnerships work. In this role, you become a product and industry expert, using your knowledge to kickstart partnership opportunities.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is responsible for managing our inbound sales leads and nurturing and assisting our smaller customers. World-class response times, warmth and professionalism in communications, along with strategic decision-making skills and a positive, adaptable attitude are paramount to success in the role.
- Qualify and nurture potential partners, ensuring timeliness in response and positive, thoughtful engagement
- Be the first point of contact for new business prospects and determine the next steps for each prospect moving forward
- Capture everything from discovery and qualification conversations so both you and Plastic Bank learn and improve with every call
- Contribute to the creation and optimization of sales messaging and marketing campaigns
- Provide sales assistance for small business customers
- Prospect for potential new clients and secure the opportunity to present Plastic Bank to relevant stakeholders
- Support senior sales teams and sales representatives on outbound strategies and lead generating efforts.
- Work on additional projects as required
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of Plastic Bank’s offerings and technological infrastructure
- Proven success in customer service or sales.
- Ability to triage a variety of customer inputs and ensure prioritization is aligned with Plastic Bank’s strategic goals
- The ability to engage comfortably and effortlessly with a wide variety of customers, both internally and externally
- Excellent oral and written communication skills paired with strong internet research skills
- Demonstrated ability to work solo as well as productive team member, making outbound calls and emails daily
- Have a positive attitude and love the search to generate new interest and partner relationships
- Are naturally curious, coachable, and love the idea of growing with Plastic Bank
- Genuinely Interested in helping companies build more impactful, sustainable business practices
- Must be an excellent problem-solver and willing to collaborate in an exceedingly competitive environment
About Plastic Bank
This is an exciting time to join Plastic Bank and make your mark in changing the world’s relationship with plastic. We build ethical recycling ecosystems in coastal communities and reprocess the materials for reintroduction into the global manufacturing supply chain. The collected materials are reborn as Social Plastic® which is reintegrated into products and packaging. This creates a closed-loop supply chain while helping those who collect it.
We are currently operating in Haiti, Philippines, Indonesia, Brazil and Egypt. So far, our collectors have recovered more than 11 million kilograms of Ocean Bound Plastic and we have recently reached the milestone of collecting over one billion plastic bottles.
We offer passionate professionals the opportunity to enrich your career and be a part of a trailblazing company that makes changing the world fun. It is a unique opportunity to have a truly global impact in environmental and socio-economic regeneration, all on the backbone of a utility blockchain.
Please send your CV to [email protected] quoting Job SDR202104. In lieu of a cover letter, please include your LinkedIn URL and 5 bullet points on why this opportunity is a strong mutual fit. We accept applications in English only. Please note that due to a high volume of applicants, we will only be reaching out to candidates moving forward to the interview stage, thank you for your understanding.