Web Usability & QA Analyst
Working within the Digital Team the successful candidate will contribute to the continual improvement of our web and digital properties in an agile environment. Our digital team works on a wide range of web applications for external and internal use in a global multilingual environment.
The ideal candidate will have a thirst for knowledge and a desire to grow. You are a pro-active problem solver with a background in web design and development, an eye for detail, and a strong need to make things better. You have the ability to understand the technical and functional requirements of the project scope, see the possibilities in a mockup, identify gaps, and document issues to improve both the plan and the final product. It is not enough to build what was planned but we need someone who can identify where our plan can improve and identify and document what is needed in the next iteration. You should have a strong foundation in web technologies so that you can talk to both developers and designers, troubleshoot, solve problems, and know where to look for solutions.
- Execute design, feature, and bug fix testing for web applications
- Identify, document, and track visual and functional defects found during testing.
- Work closely with developers to ensure defects are correctly identified and fixed.
- Improve testing and development processes using various automation techniques.
- Ensure the deliverable meets the requirements and that the requirements correctly address the need.
- Review user data and feedback to identify areas for improvement.
- Develop use cases and test plans
- Follow up with stakeholders and keep projects on track
- Develop processes and procedures to improve the overall quality and usability of the platform.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in web design & development or a related field.
- Experience with complex WordPress environments including but not limited to experience with eCommerce, Learning Management Systems, Gamification, and Community management.
- Exceptional writing, and English communication skills.
- HTML/CSS/JS skills is a great asset
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Hotjar and related tools.
- Keen interest in documenting the requirements and the acceptance criteria
- Experience working with Web application development is required.
- Knowledge of QA procedures and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to logically and analytically troubleshoot web applications.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and reproducible problem reports, and test results
- Experience with project management software such as Asana an asset
- Understanding of SEO.
Please send your CV to [email protected] quoting Job QAUA202101. Please note that we will only be reaching out to candidates moving forward to the interview stage, thank you for your understanding.