Procurement Director (Global)
As a builder, you will take ownership of the design and establishment of this newly formed function. This will require you to develop the procurement organization, from initial concept to a highly optimized and state of the art procurement function. With your vision and leadership, you will acquire and manage talent, establish the function and led key strategic sourcing events and strategy in a global organization.
As the Procurement Director, you will possess in-depth knowledge and experience across the procurement life cycle (Sourcing to Payment) allowing you to develop the initial policy, process and technology required to deliver consistently deliver value in procurement and sourcing activities. You will be responsible for the strategic planning, designing, building, implementing of each major phase of our procurement transformation as well as driving value through sourcing events and establishment of procurement policy. You will be supported and will collaborate across the organization and at the most senior levels of leadership. Accountable for multiple initiatives, you will initially develop the function and to drive innovation, develop key strategies, and provide forward-looking procurement thought leadership. Leading candidates must be excited about working in a dynamic environment, with a flat organization structure and small teams while delivering high quality results in a fast-moving workplace. If you live and breathe FinTech, are passionate about being a champion of change and want to be a part of a global agile team, then we are looking for you.
- Take ownership of the development and enhancement of procurement policy and procedures including Group wide purchasing and sourcing policy and process.
- Development of strategy impacting any and all parts of the End-to-End Procurement process. Including, coordination and alignment with various stakeholders across the entire enterprise, namely Finance, IT, Risk, and Legal.
- Support and lead implementation of small to large technology and process initiatives to develop state of the art procurement processes. Proper execution requires a complete view of all key project delivery activities such as requirements gathering, solutioning, change management, and transitioning to Business as Usual.
- Execute on low to medium value/complexity sourcing projects and contracting efforts. Determine sourcing strategy and conduct analysis and negotiations.
- Conduct baseline and market analysis, develop sourcing strategy and conduct contract negotiations
- Identifies ways to enhance the Procurement lifecycle through technology including automation, identification and selection of new tools, application of AI, self service and ERP integrations.
- Act as subject matter expert for Internal customers on the procurement process, policies and tools.
- Actively identify and manage risk in day-to-day business to meet obligations with respect to operational risk and regulatory compliance risk.
- Develop and execute an optimized business plan for capex procurement that is aligned with the company’s financial goals, strategy, and customer service expectations
- Manage all aspects of processors selection projects. This includes scoping and bidding the projects and monitoring vendor performance throughout the project lifecycle
- Develop and implement strategy to leverage cost efficient sourcing for large capital equipment and components
- Execute procurement strategies across the company to ensure consistent and high-quality value delivery
- Negotiate vendor agreements and contracts in cooperation and compliance with Accounting, Finance, Legal, and Procurement policies and goals
- Working with finance, review and monitors capital purchases including comparison against budgets
- Provide project leadership and key stakeholders with decision-oriented and timely financial support, including strategic plans, budgets, forecasts, and analyses of current project cost and alternative support approaches
- Create and implement a strategic vision for the purchasing function, ensuring that policies, processes, and procedures are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs
- Monitor global market, industry trends, new technologies, and economic factors to assess and communicate their potential impact to the business; and develop and implement strategies in response
- Develop commodity strategies that provide quality supply, world-class technologies, and the best long-term total cost
- Establish pricing, quality, and delivery targets that will enable the company to function and compete effectively in the market.
- Lead purchasing processes, ensure financial discipline, and manage purchase order creation, receiving, invoicing and other financial processes with major vendors
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships including tracking and analysis of vendor spend and performance
- Maintain solution to ensure purpose and functionality of suppliers closely aligns with business procedures, directions, and strategies
- Oversee the selection process to evaluate products based on user requirements, make recommendations, and ensure purchases aligned with current standards and strategy
- Enforce vendor assessment, on-boarding policies, and audits to same, including support of investigations, as needed
- Align business activities with the Finance department for financial reporting and analysis
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers both domestic and international to develop an overall vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage
- Monitor the cost, schedule, and performance aspects of supplier agreements
- Assure the Procurement organization has strategies and plans for cost savings, risk reduction and supplier selection and are on track with their execution
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required, preferably with master’s in business administration (MBA) with a focus on International Trade Management
- 10+ years’ experience managing large capital equipment procurement projects
- 10+ years of industry experience (FMCG or manufacturing preferred)
- Strong demonstrated recent experience leading a global procurement function.
- Must be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution
- Must have the ability to interact at the highest levels of the company
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and build consensus among members of the company
- Comfort with ambiguity and creating something new, something that does not currently exist
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills, self-awareness and adaptability required
- Experience working in a global environment and having a global mind-set
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft® Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Demonstrated strength in working cross functionally to drive issue resolution, results driven, problem solver, self-starter
- Change Agility
- Drive & Energy
- High Standards
- Organization & Planning
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Strategic Thinking
Please send your CV to [email protected] quoting Job PD202202. Please note that we will only be reaching out to candidates moving forward to the interview stage, thank you for your understanding.