With over 50 collection points and centers in Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Espírito Santo, Plastic Bank Brazil is starting to grow at full speed and we are looking for new excited people to join our cause! As an Operations Manager, the candidate will be responsible for the existing ecosystem, as well as the expansion to new locations in Brazil, while managing the local operations team, making sure Plastic Bank standards are always followed.
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- At least a master’s degree on Engineering, Business, Biology, Sustainability, or others related area
- At least 8 years of experience in Brazil recycling business or environment
- Experience leading a team of mid senior to junior level staff
- At least 8 years of experience in business development, business strategy, and budget management
- Experience working with a social enterprise or with local communities;
- Experience working in an international environment/organization and within multiple cultures/time zones
- Have a strong grasp of the Brazilian local market, in terms of its business culture, appetite towards Business models, and key players that would drive the community engagement, marketing and operational implementation of partner;
- Demonstrative success in leading strategic planning and developing a partner on a geographically dispersed area;
- Agile intellect, diplomatic outlook and professional confidence in handling Business and Business matters;
- Strong skills in persuasion, and high level of tactfulness, communicating with tactfulness and empathy;
- A multi-tasker, persistent and results oriented with a proven track record of building a strategy from its conception to its successful realization;
- Ability to work creatively, entrepreneurially, resourcefully, and remain open to rapid changes
- Native in Portuguese and fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Ability to engage and interact with people from different cultures and backgrounds, including vulnerable communities.
- High level of empathy towards vulnerable communities
- Play an important role in Plastic Bank's Country team, through activating, developing, implementing and expanding Plastic Bank's unique Ecosystem models across Brazil;
- Identify and research potential markets to launch new partner and advice Brazil Country Manager;
- Screen potential partners in selected markets by analyzing investment requirements, partner's potential, financials, experience and vision;
- Work closely with the Brazil Country Manager to continuously improve the efficiency and productivity of partner, increase the desirability and visibility of the partner model in the community, and support the uplift in volume of collected plastic for order fulfillment;
- Support day-today management of partners. Advice and support partner with all areas of their business including: standards, management, customer relationship, staffing and recruitment, finances and payments, cost control, expansion;
- Establish and Supervise Standard Operations Protocols for Plastic Bank Ecosystems;
- Develop a partner's audit plan and conduct the audit. Ensure financial and impact performance of partners are met through analysis of its P&L and KPIs;
- Ensure the partner is in compliance with legal and statutory policies and procedures;
- Ensure partner agreement renewal, payment collections, and keeping partners agreement up-to-date with current legislation.
- Ensures on-time disbursement of incentives and rewards for Ecosystem stakeholders;
- Develop a training and community development programs and implementing it across all existing and new ecosystems;
- Build a high performing team, while managing all operations staff, consultants and interns
- Work in close coordination with data and app team on a day-to-day basis, making sure all Plastic Bank's standards and requirements are aligned with the operations team
- Work in close coordination with supply chain team to manage relationship with relevant stakeholders, including processors
- Advise the development of Business Plans;
- Manage and report on operations budget
Please send your CV to [email protected] quoting Job BROPM202203 before April 15th., 2022 Please note that we will only be reaching out to candidates moving forward to the interview stage, thank you for your understanding.