Marketing & Communications Manager
- Enrich your career and be a part of a trailblazing company that makes changing the world fun
- Manage a small team to develop and implement a marketing and communications strategy across a range of reactive and strategically planned opportunities to increase the reach and impact of Plastic Bank’s profile
- Based in Bali, Indonesia
This is an exciting time to join Plastic Bank and make your mark in changing the world’s relationship with plastic. We build ethical recycling ecosystems in coastal communities and reprocess the materials for reintroduction into the global manufacturing supply chain.
We are currently collecting in Haiti, Philippines, Indonesia, Brazil and just started in Egypt. Up to date, our collectors have recovered more than 13 million kilograms of Ocean Bound Plastic. Collected material is reborn as Social Plastic® which is reintegrated into products and packaging. This creates a closed-loop supply chain while helping those who collect it.
We offer passionate professionals the opportunity to enrich your career and be a part of a trailblazing company that makes changing the world fun. It is a unique opportunity to have a truly global impact in environmental and socio-economic regeneration, all on the backbone of a utility blockchain.
By joining our team, you will play an important role in the development and continuous improvement of the operations, standards, systems, and processes that will underpin our future growth.
Reporting to the Country Manager, the Marketing & Communication Manager is responsible for increasing the reach and impact of Plastic Bank’s profile and visibility through the delivery of high value and influential marketing, communications and PR in Indonesia, thereby significantly contributing to the development of new partnerships and sales opportunities.
You will manage a small team and intensively work with the global team, developing and implementing a marketing and communications strategy across a range of reactive and strategically planned opportunities in print, media, events and online.
- Develop and deliver creative marketing and communication strategies, plans and approaches to help market and position Plastic Bank in the country;
- Design and develop creative communication and marketing products – presentations, briefings, etc. that will maximise Plastic Bank’s message, support programme objectives and contribute to the collection operations;
- Plan and implement direct marketing approaches including targeting, personalisation of messages and measurability, data analysis, customer profiling and segmentation;
- Manage the Marketing & Communications budget and ensure programme milestones related to marketing & communications are achieved on time and within budget;
- Act as the first point of contact for the Country Director with regard to Plastic Bank external communications; and
- Ensure the values of participation, partnership, sustainability, social responsibility, cost effectiveness, transparency and accountability are reflected in your work.
- Degree qualification (preferably in Marketing, Media, Communications or Journalism)
- 10+ years related work experience, including considerable exposure in a leadership role preferably in a social enterprise
- Experience of measuring the impact of communications products and changing strategies as a result of the findings
- Excellent understanding of how to use marketing tools and techniques to increase the visibility, profile and reputation of an organisation
- Proven exposure in creative solutions and develop dynamic online and offline campaigns
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with effective use of the English language is a must
- Ability to build and maintain highly effective professional relationships with a range of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Experience of representing an organisation at external events
- Proficient in the use of IT Systems including Microsoft Office or Google Suite/Workspace
Please send your CV to [email protected] quoting Job IMCM2020. Please note that we will only be reaching out to candidates moving forward to the interview stage, thank you for your understanding.