LOGISTICS & Program Coordinator
The Plastic Bank in Haiti is searching for an enthusiastic and experienced Logistics & Program Coordinator who will effectively implement all the Plastic Bank Programs throughout Haiti. The Logistics & Program Coordinator will be responsible for planning, delivering, monitoring, reporting on different programs and projects for our organization. The scope of work is putting a large focus on networking and activation of the stakeholders and to mobilize the leaders to join The Plastic Bank’s overall mission. This position involves reaching out to private and public schools, businesses, community leaders… to be inspired by the programs and being able to envision the possibilities of making a difference by joining.
The Logistics & Program Coordinator will be tasked with developing programs to support the Plastic Bank’s strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals including developing budgets and operations plans, writing program funding and proposals throughout Haiti territory. In the logistics’ side, the Logistics and Program Coordinator will provide operational support and guidance to ensure maximum productivity, coordinate and manage the transportations and delivery of the plastics collections within Haiti. He / She will oversee inventory control, purchasing, production of materials in alignment to Plastic Bank’s requirements and specifications.
In order to be a success in this role, the Logistics & Program Coordinator will need to have prior experience in both program and team management. manager will act as a coordinator between multiple projects and programs to be sure their benefitting each other and aligning with The Plastic Bank overall goals.
- Bachelor degree in management, project management, business or related field.
- 2-5 years of experience in program management, stakeholder management skills and team management.
- Mid to Senior level project/program management, with a track record of mobilizing programs with communities or with a social enterprise.
- Good analytical skills, complemented by strong IT literacy (use of MS Office or Google suites)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Has experience on a grass roots level and worked with similar programs with strong negotiation, selling and customer service skills.
- Proven experience using computers for a variety of tasks including competency in Microsoft applications including word, Excel, Outlook, project management software.
- Agile, highly self-motivated, a result driven “go-getter’ with strong passion in saving the environment and alleviation of poverty.
- Exceptional people skills – you get along with anyone, anywhere at any time, and can influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to present to and engage a varied audience with effective use of the English, French and Creole (English language is a must); with the availability to travel within Haiti.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
PPlease send your CV by January 20, 2021 to [email protected] quoting Job LPC202101. Please note that we will only be reaching out to candidates moving forward to the interview stage, thank you for your understanding.
- Planning and managing office, collection points logistics and transportations of social plastics from collection points to recycling centers.
- Directing, optimizing, coordinating, liaising and negotiating with truck owners, suppliers, stakeholders.
- Strategically plan, direct, coordinate and optimize full order cycle
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Train, supervise, coach and mentor employees, including reinforcement of safety guidelines.
- Report accidents and injuries and ensure proper treatment protocols are met.
- Create supply chain management strategies that increase efficiency and speed.
- Collaborate with other departments to close operational gaps.
- Balance safety, cost management and business growth then prepare and submit reports.
- Handle communications and negotiations with suppliers and resolve any arising problems
- Maintain a record on inventory of materials that are stored for the collection points
- Taking over ongoing programs, projects and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Gathers, organizes, and shares logistics information.
- Examines transportation costs and finds areas where they can be cut.
- Leads operations for organizations that provide transportation services.
- Heads up strategic transportation initiatives for retail or wholesale fulfillment operations.
- Selects carriers, transportation routes, and other key aspects of getting shipments from the warehouse dock door out to the customers' locations.
- Negotiates rates and terms with transportation providers (trucks, ocean carriers, and air freight providers).
- Negotiates shipping prices and transportation arrangements with contracted providers
- Reporting to the country managers on milestones, goals reached and KPI
- Writing program funding proposals and Develop new programs and project through building a strong network with the communities alongside with the private and public sector.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project or/and programs’ issues and solutions to get projects and programs on track
- Developing operating plan that allow project to be delivered within scope, time and budget
- Developing an evaluation method to identify areas for improvement and asses program strengths
- Ensuring milestones are achieved, goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member key performance indicators are met.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure projects goals are achieved
- Analyzing programs risks and address plans to mitigate the risks
- Working on strategy with the marketing and public relation team to promote programs and projects
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of programs status throughout its life cycle.
- Must be able to create powerful slides and present to different audiences.
- Must be able to effectively implement the whole program. The scope may include the following: creation of proposals, planning with the team and stakeholders, creation of Materials, organizing and conduct trainings, coaching groups in setting up the program in their organizations, coordination with operations on implementation and strategic expansion.
- Managing and working with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities
- Consistent Coordination with the team and to the Country Manager and creates regular reports to monitor the program’s performance.