Head of People and Culture
Plastic Bank is looking for a Head of People and Culture (Director or VP) who will partner closely with all teams across our growing global organization. The focus of this role is to develop strategies, communications, and programs as we scale, enabling our leaders and teams to accomplish the best work of their lives. At Plastic Bank, we are creating a company that’s as beautiful on the inside as the impact we are making out in the world. The ideal candidate is a builder – someone who can come in with a willingness and an ability to build HR Operations and Programs from the ground up. You will own and heavily influence everything from Talent Acquisition, Onboarding and Offboarding, Employee Experience, Learning & Development and Performance Management Programs.
We are open to remote candidates.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy for growth and development
- Function as a hands-on, strategic partner to the business while designing and implementing a scalable HR strategy
- Facilitate a culture of ‘becoming’ where everyone has the opportunity to grow themselves and their careers
- Develop, implement, and evolve strategy for total compensation
- Develop, implement, and maintain performance management and talent review processes
- Maintain a deep understanding of the business and culture so that you are able to provide strategic HR partnership to the business leaders and teams
- Own the evaluation and maintenance of HR systems related but not limited to performance management, employee engagement, onboarding/offboarding, compensation and benefits
- Partner closely with the broader teams (Finance, IT, Ops, Country Development) to ensure our people operations programs, processes, and systems align with our business goals and manage risk appropriately
- Act with the employee experience top of mind, continuously seeking feedback, inefficiencies, and maintaining business relationships based on trust and respect
- Partner with Plastic Bank management team to resolve employee relations issues; provide coaching and counseling to management and staff; collaborate with legal counsel on issues as appropriate
- Consistently embody Plastic Bank’s values
- 8+ years of experience in HR
- 3+ years in an HR leadership role, managing a team of direct reports
- Experience owning HR Operations in a high-growth, fast paced startup environment
- Nimble to adapt to evolving needs as the business is growing and changing
- Global employment law compliance knowledge
- Experience partnering with international, distributed teams
- Analytical expertise; proficient with data-driven analysis as it relates to HR/People
- Deep understanding of the complex tax, legal, comp and immigration issues related to benefits
- Exemplary communication ability, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively influence
About Plastic Bank
Plastic Bank® empowers the regenerative society. We are helping the world stop ocean plastic while improving the lives of collector communities. Plastic Bank builds ethical recycling ecosystems in coastal communities and reprocesses the materials for reintroduction into the global manufacturing supply chain. Collectors receive a premium for the materials they collect which helps them provide basic family necessities such as groceries, cooking fuel, school tuition, and health insurance. Plastic Bank’s certified blockchain platform secures the entire transaction and provides real-time data visualization – allowing for transparency, traceability, and rapid scalability. The collected material is reborn as Social Plastic® which can be easily reintegrated into products and packaging as part of a closed-loop supply chain. Plastic Bank currently operates in Haiti, Brazil, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Egypt.
We are open to remote candidates.
Please send your CV to [email protected] quoting Job HPC202011. Please note that we will only be reaching out to candidates moving forward to the interview stage, thank you for your understanding.