We are searching for a Communication Manager to capture and drive the Plastic Bank story on earned media. First and foremost, this person must be an effective communicator. They must also be an experienced and highly versatile writer – capable of switching between professional and creative styles. They will also have demonstrable experience with various social media platforms and video/photo/infographic mediums. Working alongside other members of the Global Marketing and Digital teams, this role will ensure Plastic Bank’s message remains widespread, captivating and well-understood. This person will be part of the Marketing team, working with the Chief Marketing Officer, and will have the opportunity to shape and drive Plastic Bank’s voice internationally. This role is based in the Pacific time zone, preferably Vancouver.
- Play an indispensable role in Plastic Bank’s Global Marketing team in writing, capturing and communicating Plastic Bank’s message both internally and externally across the company’s international presence, particularly to media in UK, US, Germany, France and the rest of EU;
- Contribute to and implement the company’s communications strategy, including social media, PR, customer reports and web copy;
- Collect, organize and render cohesive the campaign materials produced by Content Producers across Plastic Bank’s country operations; and
- Serve as a valued story-teller and copy writer on the Marketing team;
- Extensive writing experience (demonstrated through a portfolio containing everything from PR releases to campaign copy);
- Strong understanding of media landscape with contacts across EU and North America;
- Demonstrated success in strategizing and implementing PR campaigns to a geographically dispersed audience;
- Track record of working alongside high performing teams, both in marketing and across other business units;
- Flexibility to go between brand, impact, technical and narrative writing styles, as appropriate;
- Agility to move and influence within an ever-evolving entrepreneurial business, working with a fast-paced team in producing quick but effective campaign-related pieces;
- Highly creative, organized and self-motivated, with skillful problem solving skills and ability to work independently; and
- Strongly passionate about reducing ocean pollution, alleviating poverty and growing Plastic Bank's mission into a phenomenal global movement.
Good to Have:
- Creative experience (demonstrated through a portfolio) in photo-layout, and infographic design;
Please send your CV to [email protected] quoting Job COM202110. Please note that we will only be reaching out to candidates moving forward to the interview stage, thank you for your understanding.