Working locally with our regional team and global agile development team, you will be responsible for optimizing the usability of the Plastic Bank app for all user types.
This requires a primary focus on accessibility for individuals in marginalized communities, empowering everyone to gain full value from our Plastic Bank app and reward programs. Plastic Bank provides opportunities to vulnerable coastal communities, helping collectors learn new skills and become more technologically savvy while improving their lives through recycling.
You will be responsible for collecting user feedback, creating new or improved feature request instructions and design concept outlines while working with your local team to prototype the feature concepts until they are ready for development.
Our digital blockchain platform is ever-evolving and utilizes an app-based interface for our collectors and partners, with an online back-end administration, reporting and auditing system for our team.
Our certified collection branches and recycling processors use the app to record real-time exchanges from registered members that capture all the required data for reporting, inventory control, reward distribution, fraud prevention, auditing and account management. Our blockchain system enables us to exchange plastic for a digital token bonus on top of the market rate of plastic to our collectors. This also provides a digital ID and savings account for vulnerable communities.
Our advanced level of traceability and social impact programs enable us to sell the plastic collected throughout our ethical supply chains as Social Plastic® for our global partners to proudly use as recycled feedstock in their products.
You will be a foundational part of ensuring that our communities can use the Plastic Bank app as a starting point to a better life.
Note: Over time we will be adding new members to our local app usability team to facilitate the various skill sets required for optimum operations as we grow.
- Proactively creating detailed feature requests from user stories.
- Suggesting and pitching new feature concepts for inclusion on our never ending development road map.
- Creating new feature prototypes in collaboration with your local team for user feedback.
- Conducting in person user feedback sessions for our various user types.
- Creating user communications plans to announce and prepare our most vulnerable users for new features that are relevant to their unique needs
- Helping to localize our app development process through a new localized agile team that will grow over time while remotely collaborating with our global team.
- Ensuring that our App usability is optimized for all the countries we operate in including Haiti, the Philippines, Indonesia, Brazil, and Egypt.
- Strong English skills are a must and a university degree is preferred
- 3-5 years of app usability experience and feature design
- Graphic design
- Public speaking and idea presentation skills
- Ability to connect to all levels of the organization
- Highly self-motivated, driven and a 'go-getter' with skillful problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
- Strong passion for reducing ocean pollution, alleviating poverty and growing Plastic Bank's mission into a phenomenal global movement
Please send your CV to [email protected] quoting Job BA202106. Please note that we will only be reaching out to candidates moving forward to the interview stage, thank you for your understanding.