Accounts Receivable Specialist / Champion
Plastic Bank is looking for an Accounts Receivable (AR) Specialist to join the Corporate Accounting team. Reporting to the Global Controller, the AR Specialist’s main responsibilities are ensuring the support in complete Order to Cash cycle together with Commercial and Accounting team. The processing customer invoices for all new and existing sales orders and initiating timely and proper collections activities on outstanding invoices. Other duties include ensuring integrity of the AR sub ledger through accurately setting up new and control over customer master, producing AR management reports, and reconciling sub-ledger balance to the GL. This role will also support the Corporate Accounting team when needed. We are looking for a qualified candidate who has a strong understanding of basic accounting principles and good knowledge in credit and collection management. Bonus points to those who have a background in shipping & freight. There will be obstacles to overcome but also tremendous opportunities to be a part of a dynamic and growing department and company.
We are open to remote candidates.
- Create and maintain customer master data base in accounting systems
- Perform credit checks for new customers
- Establish Credit limit together with Global Controller and ensure regular checks on compliance to limits specified
- Process customer invoices for all new sales orders and existing agreements
- Initiate follow-up and collect on outstanding invoices
- Work with the Corporate team to match bank deposits to outstanding invoices
- Prepare weekly and monthly AR management reports
- Reconcile AR sub-ledger balance to the GL
- Provide information, as requested to the sales/marketing department, shippers, customers, and other stakeholders
- Collect and maintain required tax information (i.e. tax residency certificates)
- Product Pricing verification as per contracts and report of any variances for corrective actions.
- General support to Corporate Accounting (tracking expenses related to grant projects)
- Adhoc reports and support on Corporate Internal Control functions.
- Billing & Collections experience
- Three years or more of experience in an accounts receivable role
- You are incredibly resourceful and tenacious
- You believe in building Customer Service relationships - both internally and externally
- A firm outlook to ensure a balance in commercial and Finance teams to ensure effective working capital management.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Goggle Suite, Microsoft Office and QuickBooks Online
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Additional preference to those with experience in the shipping & freight, logistics, or transportation industries
Please send your CV to [email protected] quoting Job ARSP202108. Please note that we will only be reaching out to candidates moving forward to the interview stage, thank you for your understanding.