Plastic Bank is looking for a Financial Accountant to join the Corporate Accounting team. Reporting to the Controller, the Financial Accountant’s main responsibilities include delivering on the month end close process, enabling timely and accurate reporting of financial performance. This is a dynamic hands-on role requiring one to demonstrate critical thinking, dealing with ambiguity and the ability to succeed in fast-paced environments. Specific duties include reviewing the AR & AP cycles, ensuring integrity of the entire GL and related reconciliations, producing weekly and monthly management reports, completing statutory and other tax filings, and partnering with various internal and external stakeholders. The position also requires supporting existing and new subsidiaries being registered in new territories so that the consolidation process is smoother and better developed over the period. There will be obstacles to overcome but also tremendous opportunities to be a part of a dynamic and growing department and company.
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Assist in review and preparation of Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss general ledger accounts
- Keep a close pulse on AR & AP cycles, ensuring processes are operating with appropriate internal controls
- Assist in preparation of internal financial statements and related notes
- Preparation of weekly and monthly management reports and assist in any follow-up questions/inquiries
- Preparation of statutory filings i.e. GST/HST, PST, EHT, WorkSafe.
- Preparation of monthly reconciliations, financial statements, and accounting entries as needed: bank, payables, prepaids, intercompany, revenue recognition, fixed assets/depreciation etc.
- All other related duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of full cycle accounting and reconciliations
- Self motivated to continue to develop and grow self and others
- A habit of constantly looking for ways to improve processes and outcomes
- Detail oriented person with strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work with a variety of people at different levels within the organization
Please send your CV to [email protected] quoting Job ACC202109. Please note that we will only be reaching out to candidates moving forward to the interview stage, thank you for your understanding.